Thursday, January 17, 2008

Many Thanks

A word of thanks to all who have been keeping my Dad in their prayers. A week ago Tuesday, Dad underwent successful knee replacement surgery at University Hospital in Cleveland. I am happy to report that he is doing very well--according to his physical therapist, he is about a week ahead of the curve on his recovery. It is great to see the progress he has made so far.

If you've ever had a loved one undergo a medical procedure, you know the mixed emotions that are involved. It is at such times that we are reminded of how little we have control over our lives--and how much we truly depend on the Lord for daily, basic gifts; indeed, for life itself. I am grateful that God saw fit to extend Dad's life--and now he has the potential for freedom from pain and increased mobility. These are great gifts. But even moreso I am grateful for parents who still show me what Christian faithfulness looks like. If you are reading this right now, I urge you to take a moment or two to reflect on someone whom God has used to touch your life, and thank Him.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think a Spring Break of golf in Myrtle Beach will do wonders to increase Rev. G's. mobility. Of course I will have to be his cady!!

Rev. Jimmy Riley said...

I can see those double heel clicks coming soon! Speedy recovery- God speed.

Anonymous said...

Great to hear your Dad is doing so well. We will continue to keep him and Sue's Mom in our prayers.